It is a leading accessory in the field of dental care. The wire is effective in removing dental plaque, because it reaches the parts that toothbrushes do not reach. But given its finesse, we can also ask questions.In which case to use a floss?
Dental floss is intended to rid the interdental area (or “interproximal” in medical jargon) of food waste or dental plaque. Its use has a major impact on the protection of all teeth, especially against diseases related to poor oral hygiene and the proliferation of bacteria. Dental floss can be used all days.
However, this accessory is generally recommended for gums that are solid and not prone to bleeding. Flossing is also not recommended for people with large interproximal areas, invasive procedures, or periodontal disease. The stomatologist community prefers to recommend interdental brushes or other devices.
The method of use of a dental floss.
Simple method to contribute teeth, floss requires some simple gestures:
– the use of the wire is done before or after the brushing of the teeth, being an accessory
– cut a good length (not less than 30cm) in order to facilitate movements
– gently insert the dental floss to avoid hurting the gums.
– cleaning, do the same movement back and forth by removing the wire
– Rinse mouth with water or mouthwash solution
Choose your dental floss.
Dental wires are made of solid materials (nylon, PE, teflon …) to prevent them from fray or cut easily. But the designers give them other characteristics to meet various types of needs and preferences:
– waxed to facilitate even more the passage between the teeth (not waxed, dental floss cleans more effectively)
– impregnated with antibacterial agents for antiseptic action
– flavored (mint for example) for a more pleasant use
The dental floss can be presented in the form of coils, forks … to maximize practicality. However, the user must choose a wire not too thin or too thick so that it does not, against all expectations, another factor of toothache